"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Admission:

I am a compulsive reader of messages on people's T-shirts. (& it annoys me when the messages are long and the people walk past too quickly for me to finish reading them.)

Notable recently sightings:

"I'm not really useless - I can be used as a bad example."- Altstadt


"Every time you masturbate - God kills a kitten."- Ok, this one wasn't actually on someone's chest but was hanging in a shop, &, I did actually buy it as a gift for a dear friend who appreciates warped humour.

And seen @ the Kermis last weekend - blazoned on the (somewhat ample) chest of a pretty young thing (she really could not have been more than 17 years old!) was the proclamation:

"You can't be the first - but you can be next!"

(I can't help but wonder if she understood English. And if she did - what her parents thought about it...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

here's a beauty i saw yesterday on a t-shirt that made me laugh out loud:

Cancel my subscription, i am over your issues

xxx
penny

Anonymous said...

haha that's a great one, pen. in fact, that's the best i've heard for years. i want one!
m. propism : )

expat Germany
Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas