"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of Autumn...

And, I've marked the occasion by having my hair dyed red at our local salon. Not the fire-engine red favoured in my mid-twenties - but a bold enough shade none the less. Now, let's see if the Ger-Man notices... ;)

Like most things I'm doing these days - this wasn't planned or scheduled (in fact, strictly speaking getting my hair done had no place at all on today's agenda) but none the less, it happened.

My days are relatively busy at present - a result of several projects with fast approaching (one could say bottlenecking) deadlines - and today, I'd planned to collect the Caspi-Man from Kindergarten and drag him along on a few urgent, project-related errands.

However, on picking him up, I realised HE desperately needed a haircut. In fact, strictly speaking he's needed one for awhile, but I'd sorta been hoping it would move past the "unkempt" stage and morph into some long, floppy "cool" style without any intervention on my behalf- but sadly that hadn't eventuated. He'd just begun to look neglected. So we made a quick detour and ducked into our local salon for what I'd anticipated would be a 10 minute trim.

Technically, it was a 10 minute trim. But, 5 minutes into it, the Caspi-Man's eyes grew heavy. At the 6 minute mark, his head begun to lull. By 7 minutes, I had to hold his head straight for the stylist, as the Caspi-Man had passed into deep slumber. (Jeeeze, I've only had that happen during scalp massages!) At 11 minutes, the cut was finished and we'd moved the Caspi-Man to the salon's couch where he was given a cushion for his head and clean towels as a blanket.

So, you see, I didn't really have a choice. And, if they'd actually had the fire-engine red of my distant youth in stock- I'd have had it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope this doesn't mean that the red ones will start to shed as autumn progresses.

expat Germany
Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas