"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde

Monday, February 8, 2010

Tomorrow...

I'm going to Paris.

Paris, France... for 3 glorious days!

I shall eat escargots, wear a beret, and visit art galleries.

I will try to remember something (anything?) from my 3 years of high school French -where I didn't do German - because when, in my life, was I ever going to NEED GERMAN?????? (And besides which, the french class got to go to a French restaurant once a semester.)

Actually, I will only be doing those things for 1 day - because on the other 2 I'll be attending a conference... my first since motherhood descended all those (5) years ago...

I am excited and apprehensive in equal measure.

It has been a long time since I've been a delegate at a conference. There was a time (in the distant, far away past) when I use to speak at them quite regularly... I do not remember the person I was back then... but I'm hoping the next 3 days with old colleagues might remind me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oui Oui Melanie, C'est bon!!

Daughter of HQ xx

expat Germany
Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas