"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde

Thursday, April 3, 2008

On the home front

Yesterday morning spring seemed to have finally sprung.

Returning home from dropping the Caspi-Man at kindergarten - the sun was actually shining, the birds were singing, the temperature reached double digits (for the first time this year), and the bright summery clothes featured in the display-windows of Kaufhoff didn't appear (quite)so ludicrously cruel and teasing.

Yep, I was feeling quite chipper with the sun streaming pleasantly into the front room, until I noticed three things:

1) there are dirty splatter marks all over our windows. (What is it with these countries that have so much rain and no window awnings?) Our streetscape appears as an impressionist painting.

2) there are dust-bunnies the size of large goats under the couch. (The Caspi-Man must have been feeding them.)

3) there is a clearly visible tide-mark of grot along ALL our walls at about the 60cm level.

Hmmmm - methinks it is time to consider some spring-cleaning.

3 comments:

Helen said...

Re: spring cleaning - Promise me you'll stop before you get to the stage where you think vacuuming the ceiling is a good idea (as I did today). All I could think as I was doing it was "this is nuts."

pyjamamel said...

Oh my god - I hadn't even noticed the ceiling - ugh! Do you advise using a noozle extension or is a ladder adequate?
;)

Helen said...

I favour the nozzle extension myself, but it all comes down to personal preference. I felt so sorry for all the Daddy Long Legs I hoovered up - such bad karma. Actually, I'd suggest you just not look up.

expat Germany
Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas