"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A retraction.

Did I really say that the Caspi-Man has always been extremely respectful of all animals?

Perhaps I’d better now be changing that to read –‘HAD always been extremely respectful of all animals’, as Olli’s arrival in our household last Saturday is definitely amending that notion…

But on the up-side, following are a few things that I fully expected to have to say to the Caspi-Man, but (surprisingly) have not (as yet) needed to:

1. “Please don’t eat the cat’s food.”

2. “Please do not chase Olli with your water pistol.”

3. “Don’t tell fibs. Olli did not go to the fridge and eat the chocolate/cheery/ice-cream.”

On the other hand, here are a few things that I never- in a million years- dreamt I’d be saying – but, in the last few days have:

1. “Olli, get your paw out of the washing-up water!”

2. “No, Caspi-Man, Olli really does not want to play with mummy’s lipstick.”

3. “I said NO, Caspi-Man, DEFINITELY NOT. You are not, under ANY
circumstances, allowed to make piddles in Olli’s litter box.”

And two of these- would you believe- I’ve said more than once!

No comments:

expat Germany
Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas