"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde

Monday, August 25, 2008

weather moaning

What a chilly, damp, grey and miserable Monday morning (not helped by the Ger-Man gloating about the final Olympic medal tally - grrrrrr) ... it feels like Autumn and I'm still waiting for "Summer proper" to arrive.

I heard a report last week that said the whole world has experienced the coldest year in over a century. Across the planet there have been lower than average temperatures.

I shared this news with my Grandmother and rhetorically queried as to what had happened to global warming. My grandmother (who is way more informed than me) replied that we should no longer be referring to "global warming" but rather: "climate change".

Right, that's me told...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

to make things fair in the olympic medal tally sphere, it is necessary to implement an additional calculation that factors in population advantage.
germany 82.5 million. australia 20.5 million. population ratio 4:1. raw data on gold medal tally 7:6. adjusted gold medal figure 7:24. as demonstrated, australia would top the tallyboard with this more sophisticated approach to determine the best country in the world.... why, it's us, of course!
m. propism : )

expat Germany
Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas