"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ich sehe etwas - was du nicht siehst!

"I see something that you can't see!"

This is the German version of "I spy with my little eye" and in the version that we play - we don't use the first letter - but rather the colour of the 'something'.

eg: "und das hat die Farbe - _____" (rot, weiss, schwarz, blau, grün, etc).

The Caspi-Man enjoys this 'Spiel', but very much takes after his Godmother (my darlink sister), who in childhood would play like this:

"I spy with my little eye - something beginning with Tree!"

"Um, is it a tree?"

"Yes!!!! My turn again! I spy..." etc


With the Caspi-Man it goes like this:

"Ich sehe etwas was du nicht siehst und das hat die Farbe - rot. Eine rote Couch!"

"Ummm, is it the couch*?"

"Yes! My turn again!!!"


*in the interest of accuracy - I just wish to clarify that our couch, while once red, is these days more of a mixed palette - ranging from faded pink to nondescript crimson and featuring splotches of-you-don't-wanna-think-too-much-why-brown. Am longing for some big name interior designer to take 'shabby chic' to the next step - & make 'toddler-tainted' interiors the next big thing. We'd be sooo ready for our feature in Homes Beautiful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what??? that isn't how you are meant to play?

...the darlink sister
xxx

expat Germany
Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas