"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde

Monday, March 24, 2008

Dreaming of a white Easter...

Yesterday, Easter Sunday, dawned with a magnificent blue sky, so the hunt went ahead as planned.

In fact, weather-wise, it was the most glorious day we've had this year. Standing out of the breeze, admiring the trees in blossom, it was even possible to imagine that there was warmth in the sun.


Fun was had, and the Caspi-Man and his posse collected enough chocolate to ensure months of tantrums (eg. "no, I asked if you wanted a boiled -not chocolate- egg for breakfast").

So with spring so well and truly underway - it was a HUGE surprise to wake up today to find SNOW.

Snow drifting down in abundance. Blankets of snow. Snow like we have not seen all winter. A local radio station started playing Christmas Carols - before interrupting them with "Oops! Wrong holiday!". But it certainly felt festive.

The Caspi-Man and the Ger-Man were eager to get out into it. I was eager to fill the hot water bottle and crawl back into bed (but I can't really blame the snow for this - I often feel this way in the morning before my 2nd - sometimes 3rd - cup of coffee).

However, I knew without doubt that the minute they were out there in the cold white stuff - there would be more than just snowmen and snow angels on the agenda. With a certainty felt deep, deep in my bones, I knew, that snowballs would also come into it. And as sure as eggs (chocolate, boiled and all other varieties) - my chief role would be as the TARGET for those snowballs.

Luckily for me, one of The Caspi-Man's posse (and his papa) were also up early and ready for some serious winter action so I was off the hook (but I did send along the camera) ...


By 11.30 am it had stopped snowing. By mid-day the sun had returned. By 2pm this afternoon the snow had all but gone.

No comments:

expat Germany
Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas