"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The tyranny of distance.

"tamzinite & pyjamamel"

by Tamzinite, 2001



My dear friend Tamzinite has a photographic piece in an exhibition at the CPP in Melbourne tomorrow night. Apparently Jane's legs are featured. And red wine is promised.

I want to go.

And also this morning this message arrived from my beloved sister (3rd from left in team picture):

"Most of you, through no choice of your own, have been made aware of my obsession with the old/new sport of Roller Derby.
I am pleased to announce that I am finally playing in a game (or bout as it is known in derby tongue).
Some of you may or may not want to come and laugh and/or cheer.
Some of you may want to see me get hurt…….
Whatever your motivation, many of you have asked me to let you know when an actual game is happening, so……"


And I want to go to that too... not so much to laugh and see her get hurt (-ok then- maybe just a little bit ...) but really mostly to cheer...

Yep. Today I'm feeling the tyranny of distance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, you know what you could do about that ol' tyranny of distance thing dontcha????
x

expat Germany
Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas